Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Express Yourself


Let me first mention that everybody, literally EVERYBODY, around me is pregnant or already has kids. If neither of these statements abides to you its because you either:

1. Really want babies secretly.
2. Are currently trying.
OR
3. Your name is Jessica.

When babies are born they pretty much look gender neutral. Regardless of the amount of hair or length of lashes, youre never really 100% positive unless you look for context clues. A handsome and manly compliment towards a baby girl will be taken personally by the Mother and what guy wants to be told how beautiful and delicate their new son is? Lets get serious, both comments are equally disappointing. Ive come up with a few cute ways that my friends can help their newbies express themselves and best of all its super simple! 


I think this sweet headband is just the right mix between girly and sophisticated. I made it for my friend Eva, she is weeks away from welcoming her second baby girl, Andreana! 


Supplies needed to make a Rosette Headband:
- Strip of Fabric (I like the look of ripping the edge of the fabric- gives it a vintage feel)
- About 13'' of elastic (You can choose the width you prefer)
- Rit Dye (I dyed my elastic Gray using this dye. It comes in powder and liquid form in almost every color.  It can be found at craft stores, Walmart and even Publix!)
- Hot Glue
- Sassy Extra- I sewed Pink Tulle into the rosette but you can use anything you have lying around like a button, rhinestone, or feather! 


** Keep in mind that smaller objects can also be a choking hazard in babies!! I suggest always taking off any accessory during car rides, naps and anytime 'curious mouths' are unattended! **

Steps to make your own Fabric Rosette: 


Princesses’ can wear blue too…Especially with this fun rosette paci’ clip!


We can’t forget the handsome fella’s! These stretchy bowties can be made in less than 20 minutes and can feature a clip on design as well. Just make a bigger bowtie for toddlers!


Now that you’ve brainstormed a little, go ahead and express yourself - Your kids will thank you later…







2 comments: